Visual Editor Formatting Bug

Hello,

I created some "Visual Editor" Elements for Text on one of my websites. At first, everything was shown as supposed. But after I went into the Element again to change something, it deleted all formatting after saving. It´s not that I could rebuild it. I look in the HTML-View and all formatting tags (<p>, <br />, etc.) are still there. The Visual View also shows everything correct. But in the Frontend, it recognizes the <b>-Formatting and the spaces. But no paragraphs and line breaks.

No matter how many times I edit it, it won´t show correctly. I also deactivated the Caching-Plugin, Force Regenerate Thumbnails, EWWW Image Optimizer and One Click Child Theme. 
All in One Seo, Contact Form 7 and Revolution Slider are the only Plugins activated. Also emptied my browser cache and Wordpress cache.

Do you have a solution for that? I also did not include an CSS that could have such an effect.

Comments

• Addition: I can´t show the bug, because I had to switch the Elements to "WP Content" (which works flawless), because in 3 hours, I have to show the website to the customer.

So I hope, my question could be answered in general.
  • Hi,

did you checked if the same thing happen in default WP editor? Did you tried in different browsers as well? We tried to replicate this issue on our side and we couldn't. All is fine on on our back-end.
  • When I create it in the default editor and use "WP Content", eveything is fine. I can change stuff without loosing formatting. My customer also experienced this bug (I think he uses a newer IE or Edge).

So, no matter which browser I use, same thing in the frontend. The Website runs with BeTheme 7.7 (just had a few complications with the site, the customer didn´t like, so I didn´t want to risk breaking everything when updating the theme.
  • We understand but until you won't update theme version, we won't be able to check this issue because you are using really old theme version. So would be great if you can update theme to latest version and then check. Of course, you can send us private message with dashboard access and we can have a look it but not sure if we would be able to find anything if it's old and modified theme version.
  • Hi, I've just upgraded to the latest theme version (10.8 downloaded from theme forest yesterday) and I am also experiencing the same issue.

I'm using visual composer to apply the formatting within the text editor.

It's not stripping the formatting, the formatting appears to be there still when inspecting the element - it does not however, show in the output.

I checked where the page is pulling the style. It appears that it is over-riding what is in the editor and applying inherited body style across the whole site?

This only started happening to me late yesterday afternoon.

Hope you can help.

Cheers,
    Claire
  • Ok. So please send us private message with dashboard details and "step by step" explanation of how can we re-create this issue and we'll have a look on it.