Cannot update theme

downloaded  http://envato.github.io/wp-envato-market/dist/envato-market.zip

I use this plugin to update theme but when i click the button does not work. nothing happens. I have tried reinstalling and re-enabling and cache etc. nothings works. 

Comments

• HI,
    Sorry but this is not our plugin, please contact envato to fix this. 
    We suggest using the standard method of updating the theme ( via FTP)
    thanks
  • Do you have a guide for the standard method of updating the theme ( via FTP)? 

Thanks
  • Also, I had a quick question. Am I able to put my companies banner on your support page like the other customisation banners here? 
  • Do you mean the support forum? You want the banner here?

To update via FTP, go to your server using FTP, enter wp-content/themes and remove the betheme folder, then download the newest betheme from themeforest and unzip it on your pc. After you do that, copy the new betheme folder to the themes folder.
    thanks
  • Hello,

Yes the support forum, here. 
    I can provide a banner and create a custom landing page.

Also another quick question. 

We have changed the server to 10,000 but still red. Whats the recommended value? 

In the System Status > Server Environment

PHP Max Input Vars:[?]10,000 - Max input vars limitation will truncate POST data such as menus.

• Sorry but there is not possibility to put banners on this forum.
    This value of max-input vars is fine. If the website works correctly, please do not worry about the warning.
    thanks
  • Ok, no worries about the forum. 

I have one final question. below I noticed really good Pingdom results for a Betheme demo. I am looking to move my primary company theme from the7 to Betheme. I will buy a new licence. however please advise 

I want good loading speed like yours. on the hosting you use, did you do complete any further optimisations, use any plugins or services, which CDN do you use/recommend. 

Thanks for good support. 
  • Hi,
    We cannot really recommend any servers, our is dedicated/private.
    We use some cache options but if you use the w3 total cache plugin it will be fine as well.
    What results do you get on your server when you install a pre-built website?
    thanks
  • To update via FTP, go to your server using FTP, enter wp-content/themes and remove the betheme folder, then download the newest betheme from themeforest and unzip it on your pc. After you do that, copy the new betheme folder to the themes folder.
    thanks

Hello quick question as im ready to switch over to the updated folder. Do i need to clear any caches after? Also will it affect anything on the website? i dont have a child theme installed yet. 
    Any other advice so i get it right 1st time. 

thanks
  • It is best to have all plugins disabled and making sure that server side cache is also not active.
    It is best to make a backup but if you did not make any direct changes to the theme files nothing should happen.