Blog is showing twice when a category is chosen

Hello, 

The blog is showing twice when a category is chosen. I have the blog page set in themes blog options
imageimage

and my homepage options (setting > reading) is set for my homepage to be a static page. 

On the news page in the builder, i have the "hide the content checked off" and then this content:

then on the front end, you see the blog loop and under that, another loop where the category is chosen. 

Any idea on how to fix this? 

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Figure it out, you should only set the page in the backend theme options if you are using the latest posts as the frontend setting. If you set this when you have a static front page set, it will duplicate the loop on your news/blog page when choosing category views. 
  • I think the only other improvement (unless this has been made already) is showing the category name above when they choose it. so it would look like so:

News - Category Name
    [  listings   ] 
  • Hey,
    yes the option in theme options is only for pages with blogs on the main page.
    If you want a blog page on a different page please set it in settings>reading as the default posts page.
    thanks
  • It's not very clear to me how you solved the problem. I have it aswell. Blog appears twice in a row. Can someone explain how this guy resolved it?

• Hi @mikezarrads,

It is an old topic. It would be best if you create a new one, describe what exactly is happening on your website, attach a link to it, and screenshots showing the incorrect display.

Thanks