Converting to child theme

I actually have 2 questions:

1. I did not set up my website using a child theme, and now I wish that I had (because I want to do some customization). Is there an easy way to convert to a child theme without losing everything I've done so far?

2. The thing I want to modify is in "Blog News." I want it to include the post type 'tribe_events' as well as posts. How can I do this?

Comments

• Hi,
    You can set up the child theme right now and you will not use any content. Just install the child theme and activate it. The only thing that will dissapear are your widgets which you will have to create again and place them in your sidebars.
    thanks
  • Thank you. So if I want to include a different post type in the Blog News element, where do I add that? 

"The option to include calendar events in the main blog loop only overwrites the main blog loop and doesn’t affect other places where blog posts are called, such as the “recent posts” homepage area on your theme. You can easily fix this by modifying your theme’s code to include the post type tribe_events as well as the default posts. Doing this should pull in both events and blog entries and display the most recent four posts of both types."
  • Sorry but we do not support direct theme file changes.