Converting the featured image overlay from a "chain link" icon to an "->" arrow icon

Hi Muffin,

BACKGROUND:

for either hiding, or modifying the blue pop up on portfolio (and also category) images. By default, the pop-up has a magnifying glass icon (for zoom) and a chain-link icon (which links to the portfolio page or category page).

I'm using the CSS from that thread to hide the magnifying glass:

.image_frame .image_wrapper .image_links a.zoom { display: none !important; }
.image_frame .image_wrapper .image_links a.link { width: 100% !important; }

and that code is working great.

QUESTION:
My current question is how to now convert the "chain link" icon to be an arrow icon that points to the right. I'd love to use the muffin icon: "icon-right" for this. 

Is there a way, using CSS, to change that chain-link icon to be the icon-right icon?

Thanks!

Comments

• To do this you will have to use this custom CSS
    .THE_ICON_CLASS:before {
    content: '\e8b1';
    }
    Then change the code \e8b1 to any icon code you want. To view all the icons please go HERE
    If you do not know how to find the class, send us a link to this page.
    Thanks

• Hi Support,

That's great - thanks. I'll email you the link with a reference to this thread. I know how to view the inspector but I'm not sure exactly which to enter in to your CSS. If you send me the selector info I can then view the code to figure out which you used and I'll be able to do it next time. Thanks again!
  • OK - here's the update. First, a big thank-you to the Muffin Support team. I'm a bit slow at this.

However, with their help - here's what I found.

The custom CSS to change the chain-link to be a right arrow is this:
    .icon-link:before{content:'\e911'}

To find the icons I usually google "Betheme icons". I don't think I ever did find the actual Betheme icons, but I found these, and they generally seem to work: http://themes.muffingroup.com/cake/shortcodes/icons

However, that gives the icon "Name", not the shortcode. To find the short code, go to /betheme/fonts/mfn-icons.css and view the source code for that. Search for the icon name and look for the numbers similar to the e911, or e8b1 - and that gives you the code to add as the CSS into the "Custom CSS" part of Betheme Options.

Personally, in my Custom CSS I always try to put a comment explaining each tweak, so my full entry looks like this with the first line being the comment:

//Changing the featured image chain link icon to be an arrow {}
    .icon-link:before{content:'\e911'}