Impossible to update Wordpress and betheme : everything is lost then

Hello,

I've got a problem from 3 years : I can't update Wordpress because I lose everything on the website : page content (with the builder) is not showing, and there is a failure with the UTF 8 unicode : all the texts are transformed with symbols %#*è for the accents...
I tried many different ways to fix but I'm blocked here and can't use the theme properly.

And if I export all my content with the Wordpress Tool, I lose the muffin settings, so all my pages content is lost and can't restore the pages this way.

Could you help me ?

Thank you,

Comments

• HI,
    have you tried upading the theme as well?
    Please make a backup and reinstall wordpress and theme files.
    We suggest removing the betheme folder completly from FTP and installing the newest version.
    thanks
  • edited December 2017
    Yess, it is ok, I get the latest version of Betheme, and the latest version of the plugins, but then, when I update Wordpress, I lose everything (Betheme options, custom css, page content in muffin builder) + the unicode bug.
    I checked the setting you mentioned in other posts : my PHP Max Input Vars is 16000

So do you have an idea to fix ?

Thanks,

(PS : I also use a child theme)
  • Are you updating the parent theme?

Make sure that the php version is also updated and memory_limit is more than 128mb.
    Maybe there is something wrong with the database encoding, but if this is the case we cannot really help you. You would have to create the website again.
  • Yes of course, I've got no problem with the BeTheme update, just when I update Wordpress, it seems there is a conflict somewhere.

Thanks for that, and yes I'm afraid I'll have to recreate the website...

Bye