BeTheme Slow on Dashboard (GoDaddy)

Hi, 

I have recently installed BeTheme to my GoDaddy Managed Wordpress PRO account. Since I have installed it, my dashboard is painfully slow. Page loads can take 60 - 90 seconds (clicking on the Home Page tab to edit the home page took 1 minute, 44 seconds to load). I have worked with the support staff at GoDaddy and we have optimized the account, turned off ALL plugins that aren't required by the theme, and flushed the cache multiple times. We are on the latest PHP version, we have optimized the config files and have changed all settings to the recommended them settings in the dashboard.

I have tried the dashboard on multiple computers, on multiple networks, in three different cities and it behaves the same. When I change to another theme, my dashboard runs quickly (as it is supposed to). I have installed both default themes, and Theme Pro X, both without any issues or slowdown.

One interesting note is that the PHP_Max_Input_Vars has been changed to 5000 (from 1500) and this has been confirmed in my PHP_Config file, but the theme dashboard is still saying that it is set at 1500. GoDaddy support thinks this might have something to do with the slowdown, as the theme may be querying the wrong spot and this is hanging up the system. They also tell me that I am the third call in the last 24 hours specifically with BeTheme running slow in the dashboard.

On the front end, my site is fast and responsive - it is only on the backend dashboard that it slows to a crawl. I am wondering if there is something in the theme that is not playing nice with something else.

Comments