Linking to other pages with gallery images

edited December 2014 in Files & images
Hi there - I'm building a site based on the B&W demo. Is there any way to make the images in the gallery on the homepage link to other pages? I'd like to keep the same formatting (no space between images) and the grayscale-to-color on mouseover effect. Can I do this using Muffin Builder?

Here is the shortcode that exists in the Muffin Builder for this gallery:

[gallery columns="3" link="file" ids="71,72,73" style="flat" greyscale="1"]

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

because this is gallery, you can't link images to other pages unfortunately. This is how wordpress gallery works.

Thanks for understanding!
  • edited December 2014
    Hello again, and thanks for your quick reply.

I've found a plug-in that allows images contained in Wordpress galleries to link to other pages. However, the lightbox still comes up when the images are clicked on, and cancels the link operation.

How can I disable lightboxes for the theme?

Note: I have prettyPhoto disabled in the theme options.
  • We do not use lightbox. We use prettyPhoto instead and this can be turned off in Theme options > Getting started > Advanced section. And except that option we do not have anything else.
  • Hi! 
     I have a similar question, on the same theme, B&W: how to change the pictures in the Gallery? 
    Code that I saw, is this:
    [gallery columns="4" link="file" ids="22,20,21,18,24,25,26,27,28,33,30,19,31,32,29" style="flat" greyscale="1"] 

...but I cannot understand how it works on the pictures (22, 20,...where are those number written to link the gallery on those ones?)
  • edited February 2018
    I have just found the solution to this! :)
    If you visualize the image in the Media Library and check its url, you will see the address ending by ...item=3745 or whatever the number is. 
    That's it. 
    Copy the number and replace the number you like 22,20, whatever...

Hope it helps 
    valeria