Gallery thumbnails resolution.

Hi,

I would like to know how to adjust the quality (resolution) of thumbnails of a gallery (exemple : [gallery link="file" columns="4" ids="274,288,296,298,323,324,338"]) ?

And how can I remove the facebook icon over the header (classis style layout) ?

Thanks.

Mike

Comments

• Hi,
    paste the shortcode into your wordpress editor in text mode, then switch to the visual mode and edit the gallery. There you will find the option to change the size of the images.

To remove the facebook, go to theme options>social and remove the link to that icon.
    thanks
  • Hi, thanks it works for the gallery, the resolution is better, but the thumbnails are not displayed in square now.

Here is my code : [gallery columns="4" link="file" size="medium" ids="100,99,98,96"].
  • You have to change the file sizes and regenerate thumbnails, read this:

There are many types of featured images in the theme, here are instructions for changing them:
    1. To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog/shop, please navigate to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image.
    2. To change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, please go to settings>media.
    3. To change the woocommerce images size please go to woocommerce>settings>products>display.

Notice!
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

thanks
  • Thanks. I changed the settings in "settings>media" + thumbnail regeneration and now the thumbnails are better in resolution, but not "square".

Here are my settings :
  • They should be squared. Please send a link to this gallery.
    thanks
  • edited April 2018
    Here is the link.

There are 2 galleries in this home page.

- http://www.lacuisinedenatetpat.be/
  • All of your images are 300x200px
    Could you try setting the size again and running the regenrate thumbnails.
    Remember to enable the crop option otherwise the proportions will be kept and the image will not be a square.
    thanks
  • Thanks.

I tried again at 300x300 with the crop option enabled, and it worked for the second gallery, but it changed nothing for the first.

- http://www.lacuisinedenatetpat.be/

Any idea ?
  • I removed the size (who was set on "medium") in the first gallery and of course it works now.

But I can't explained why in medium (who is too 300x300), it produce another result.

Thanks for your help, I'm satisfied with this display now.