WP Bakery makes editing page really slow

Hello,

I have several websites with the BeTheme installed and on all (so independently on server speed or anything else), the WP Bakery works really slow. I can't start typing text for example immediately, I have to wait several seconds. I can't move blocks around, first I have to wait and then it gets moved.

It´s really anoying and only started approx. three weeks ago. Before than I didn´t have any issues and it all worked like a charm.

What has changed and why is it so slow? Of moreover, what can be done about it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• HI,
    we do not know. This is a third party plugin. Try disabling all other plugins first and then only test it with the WP bakery plugin activated.
    thanks
  • Hello,

I have deactivated all other plugins, but that doesn't help at all. Other solutions? Is there a chance we can ask the third party this question?
  • Well, you can always ask the plugins author but we do not have any users complaining about this. It is either your slow internet connection, hosting or there problems with the browser on your pc.
    Did you try on another pc?
    thanks
  • I have the issue on several websites (so different hosting), while using Chrome and Edge (the latter is slightly better, by the way) and on my pc and laptop. All other things I do while browsing are very quick, so no slow internet connection. And, moreover, I haven't had this issue with WP bakery before. Only the last few weeks. It's also a problem with another theme I use.

Problem is that I can't contact the plugins author directly, as I didn't purchase the plugin. It comes included with the theme.

What should I do?
  • They must have released a version with a bug of some sort, you would have to wait for an update and check if it made it faster. We really cannot do anything about that.
    thanks