Header Image with Transparent Menu

I am trying to figure out how to make the transparent menu work on blog pages. The transparent menu shows up well on all content pages since we're able to set a background image or row to fill in the space, but we can't seem to figure out how to set the featured blog post image as the header image.

Do you have any suggestions for this so we can keep the transparent menu but make it work?

Here's an example post where it's not displaying as we'd like: 

Comments

• Hey,
    you cannot have the featured image as the header image but you can edit the single post and actually set the header image, there is a field for that in the page options.
    thanks
  • edited May 2018
    I have the header image turned on and have selected an image but it doesn't seem to be working.

Does every post need to be edited with Visual Composer for this to work?
  • There is no option for turning on the header image. In single posts you can show/hide the: subheader or featured image.
    We do not know what exactly you would like to achieve. Could you give us some examples, screenshots?
  • I'm trying to figure out how to create a header image on my post pages so the image provides for the background behind the navigation, similar to the home page or sub-pages at www.thefunctionalnutritionsinstitute.com.

With this transparent header style, the content begins right at the top underneath of the logo. I would like to fix this.
  • To display the header image you have to change the minimalist option in theme options>header so the header actually shows, because now you have a subheader image.
    Even if you enable it, all images in the single posts and categories will be the same as the main blog page, there is no option to change the individual header images for single posts.
    thanks
  • It sounds like that option would work for me since I don't need a different image for each page, just something to fill out the header.

I am making some progress with it by just turning off the sub-header on other pages. I am having an issue now with the logo showing up inside of the header on post pages: https://thefunctionalnutritioninstitute.com/2018/03/07/wordpress-resources-at-siteground/

I adjusted the header height to match the logo (55px) but it did not help. 

Thanks again for your help.
  • Okay but you have selected a transparent header in theme options>global>general so there will be no background for it.
    thanks