LayerSlider WP update

Hi,

How is LayerSlider WP updated? The changelog for BeTheme 3.8 indicates that LayerSlider 5.2.0 is included, but after updating Betheme LayerSlider version is still at 5.1.1.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards.

Comments

• Hi,

unfortunately Layer Slider is more complicated then Revolution Slider and can`t be easy updated as rev slider. Everything has been described on http://guide.dream-theme.com/Layer Slider Documentation/documentation/documentation.html#updates (take a look on Manual Update section). The latest version of slider is included in package betheme\functions\plugins folder.
  • WoW!! That wasn't complicated at all!! Worked like a charm!!

Thank you very much. Regards.
  • Hello everybody,

after looking at the Layerslider WP Page (URL you provided above), i read, that manually updating is not possible at the moment. Today I acualized BeTheme and BTheme-Child via FTP-Update to version 16.8. How can I update Layerslider from 6.1.0 to 6.1.6 at the moment?

Thanks for your answer!

• Hi @THP2410,

why exactly manually updating is not possible? It is always possible. Just download latest version of the theme package, unpack, find /plugins/ folder where all plugins, remove existing slider files from FTP and upload the newest instead but also via FTP.
  • There is only visual-composer.php in the betheme\functions\plugins folder... there doesn't seem to be anything else on the Layer Slider, except for documentation in the documentation folder of the all files and documentation zip file..
  • Hello,
    From version 20.0 you can update the theme from the dashboard of your wordpress, in the betheme tab. Just register the licnese and you can update the theme, install newest plugins and import pre-built websites with sliders. We are not including rev-sliders and plugin updates in the theme package.
    thanks
  • Hello, I would like to ask how can I update LayerSlider WP plugin on my site. I have updated my theme but when I tried to update this plugin something went wrong. It appeared message An error occurred while updating LayerSlider WP: Update package not available. 
    How can I update this plugin in this case?

Thank you in advance!
  • Dimitar_Todorov
    Hey,
    please first try to disable all plugins, and then run the update.
    thanks
  • Hi there, I tried but it doesn't work. Would you tell sth else to try?
  • After reading some documentation, I would like to understand if I receive for free this plugin within my theme  - Betheme? I saw that I have Layer Slider documentation, but when it comes to update this plugin it is needed purchase code, different from this of the theme. So is this plugin part of theme package or nor?
  • Hi,

purchase codes (license keys) are not included for plugins which are bundled into the theme. It’s because of Themeforest license & agreements. This applies to all themes of course. However, there is no need to use this code because the plugins are fully functional without it.

Something like “Free” version of a plugin does not exist. All bundled plugins are included with extended licenses and users can use these plugins within the theme without needing to purchase them separately. This is standard and according to ThemeForest rules.

Thanks!
  • Thank you for your quick response! As I understand you right, I may use this bundled plugin without license keys, but I can't update it. So how can I do this? I have tried to deactivate all plugins and then to make update but it doesn't work. 
    Thank you!
  • Please update/install the plugins via betheme>install plugins
    Screenshot HERE

If you have the error "The package could not be installed..."

This message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain.
    Please use this tool to manage your license keys:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

thanks
  • Thank you for your response.
    Here is screenshot of what is happening.

Is it necessary to make a deregistration?
  • All of the plugins are installed and active. There are no updates, this is why you cannot update.
    thanks
  • Thank you for your response, but I see that this plugin stay still no updated. (recent version is 6.7.1 and new version is 6.7.6)
    Is it ok in that way?

Thank you for being patient!
  • The bundled plugins need to ne updated by us, only from betheme>install plugins. If you want instant updates from the plugin author then you would have to buy the plugin separately.
    thanks
  • Thank you, I don't want instant updates. I only want update from you from betheme->install plugins because I couldn't do it by my own.
  • Hi,
    I have similar problem.
    Betheme is registered; updated today to 21.6
    "Betheme" > "Install Plugins":
    Layer Slider Installed version: 6.10.2 Active, Requires Update
    Available version: 6.11.1

When trying to update, getting "Update package not available."

• euroangarai_lt,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one
    domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered
    on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and
    deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)

After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key
    is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your
    domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your
    theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) -
    remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks
  • Hello,
    I am unable to update the Layer Slider plug-in via Betheme. The theme is regularly registered and all plug-ins are updated except for Layer Slider. What should I do?
  • Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of your browser and check, if you are able to update the layer slider.
    thanks
  • Maybe this will help someone.

I have just successfully updated the layer Slider plugin on my site. 

Just like Leonardo97 and a few others above. The normal update did not work for me either.

So, this is what I did and you could try.

Deactivate the plugin - you will get an update is required button.
    Click on this to update it.  It updates to the new version.
    Activate the plugin.

It worked perfectly for me.

Regards,

Josepoh
  • Unfortunately any of described methods are not working. When I try to install from scratch or update I got error message, that package contains no files. Update impossible. 

• halvapl,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest
    If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)
    After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks