Add Revolution Slider To Homepage ONLY

Hello ;-) PLEASE HELP

I am trying to add Revolution Slider to my Homepage ONLY.

My website is set to display posts on the homepage so I cannot just add a shortcode to the top of the page in editor because my static page is not a "page".

In Revolution slider documentation, it stated you can easily do this by adding    <?php putRevSlider("slider1", "homepage") ?>       to the page.php file 

Inside you’re theme’s “page.php” file, you should see something called The Loop:

“The Loop” is where the page’s main content will get added to the page. So for this example, we’ll add the slider directly above the page’s main content (i.e. before “The Loop”).

However this css is not in BE Theme page.php??

Please advise on where I can find "the loop" section or how I can get the slider to show only on the home page. 

Thank you ;-)

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Hi,
    you do not need to change any code. Just edit the main page (home page) and go to the page options where you can select a slider fromt he drop-down list just for the home page.

If you are using just posts on the main page then create a page and set the slider in the page options, then go to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>blog and set this page as the blog page. This will let you use this page layout and options for the default posts page.
    thanks
  • Yes but this creates the slider to be on ALL PAGES. 

So when you click on different or any categories in your menu and go to those pages or posts, the slider is still there. 

Thousands of websites including endless with BETheme just have the slider on the Homepage. 

I just want the slider to be on the Hompage ONLY.

Please advise?

Thank you ;-)
  • I have it figured out with building it with the muffin builder..;-)