Grid builder bug in Post Categories: cannot change category color for bordered styles

Hello.  I have created a grid builder customization wherein the post categories are now shown on my masonry grid images.  I am unable to change the category color. This problem only occurs with the border-type styles.  Regardless of which color I select, the bordered categories always use the grey color.  The site is https://foodandfantasy.com/ .

Comments

• Hi,
    Which border do you exacly want to change, because we do not see anything.
    When you're custimizing your page via Visual Composer, any change in Theme Option will not work.
    Thanks.
  • I don't want the border to change, I want the color of the category box to change. I did not change the theme options for this. I am using the visual composer. The color of the category box is gray, but I chose black in the composer. That's definitely wrong. No matter what color I choose for the box in visual composer, the box's color does not change. That's definitely not the expected behavior.
  • Did you install other plugins?
    Please disable them and try again.
    Thanks.
  • No, I have not.  I have only installed plugins that were bundled with or required by this theme.  I am using the WP Bakery Grid Builder that came with the theme.
  • edited June 2018
    Hi,
    You have to create new grid-template,
    Please edit your item, you'll have a item design section, click it and there you can create it

There you can change it, of course when you'll done it, you have to change template of item.
    If you will still have troubles with VC, please contact author of the plugin.
    Thanks.
  • That is what I did.  And yes, I've changed the template of the item.  It's not working.
  • I will put in a support request with VC.
  • I cannot open up a support ticket with VC unless I have a full license.  How do we resolve this?  I am having more problems with grid builder, and I don't think I should have to pay more money to get this to work when I've already paid for it in the theme.
  • Maybe would you try Muffin Builder instead of VC?
    It's very similiar and works a lot better than VC in BeTheme.
    Cheers.