Filtering problem

Hello,

The documentation (http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation) is not up to date. For example the blog part. Could You please explain what this option in muffin menu does exactly: "Filters | jQuery filtering"? In regards to blog categories.

I have a following problem. Let's say there are 10 categories. I set blog page to list 20 last articles (snippets) and load more on request via button at the end. However, when I click on one category in the filter options, I get no results. Because this category was not present in this 20 last articles. How can I set it up to list 20 last articles for the current filter options? So wthat if I choose "all categories", I get 20 last articles. But if I choose one specific category, I get 20 last articles from this category.

Comments

• Hi,
    JQuery filtering is working like a dynamic catalog of blog posts.
    By one click shows you items from category you want.

Did you set category for all posts?
    Cheers.
  • edited July 2018
    "By one click shows you items from category you want.". I don't notice any difference, when switching OFF/ON. Could You please explain the difference (and update the documentation).

"Did you set category for all posts?". There is no category for all posts. Should there be? I still can choose "All posts" when filtering posts. Let's say I have 200 posts. I set it to display 20 last posts per page. But there is category with 60 posts and there is one with 5. When I click on this category filter, I can see no results. I click "load more", I get one. Load more, nothing. Load more, another one. This cannot work that way. It should display last 20 posts from this category. Not "look for the posts of this category in 20 posts batch".

• We are creating the new documentation.
    Soon it'll replace the old one.

1) If you're using JQuery filtering, you cannot use pagination or load more button.
    Just increase the number of visible items.
    When you don't have JQuery filtering turned on, when you click on the specific category, a page has to reload.
    It doesn't have to when you have JQuery turned on.

2) I mean that you should have a category on all posts. (not "all category")
    I see it's working properly, and please tell me again what is your problem.
    What is the "one category" in a filter?

Cheers.
  • Ad1. My Filters | jQuery filtering is OFF and page doesn't reload.

Ad2. Yes, all the posts have at least 1 catgory. I don't think it is possible to remove all categories, there is always one default. Please chech the link niechzyja.pl. Click on category "ochrona łosi". No posts found. You have to click "load more" to find 1. Load more again, a couple more. I want my filters to find "last x" posts of the given category. If i set the limit per page to 20 and there are less then 20 posts in one category, they all should be displayed after filtering this category for the first time.
  • Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache and try again.
    It looks like something is bothering it

Thanks
  • Didn't help. But sth is wrong, if the page is suppose to refresh and it doesn't, it cant be cache or even code interference. From what you are saying it looks like the settings don't work, JQuery filtering is not turned OFF. Shall I send the login data to the site?
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • i sent a message
  • We edited your page and we found out that you didn't disable the load more button in blog item.
    We increased the amount of blog items and everything is working all right now.
    Cheers.
  • I didn't disable, because I do not want to have all the items on one page. What If I have 200 posts? You said earlier: "If you're using JQuery filtering, you cannot use pagination or load more button.
    Just increase the number of visible items. When you don't have JQuery filtering turned on, when you click on the specific category, a page has to reload."

Nothing here about turning off "load more" when not using JQuery. Now jquery is turned off and still the page doesn't reload after changing category. So I still don't understand the difference between jquery and not-jquery.

I want to limit posts visible to 20. But after changing category, I want to list last 20 posts from this category. I understand that it means reloading. Now it doesn't work the way I want. And it doesn't work the way You described it earlier.
  • edited July 2018
    You are not using blog page, but blog item.
    I told you about reloading in this meaning as you understand it now, sorry, my bad that i translated it badly.

Until all news about "ochrona łosi" won't load on "wszystko",
    then it won't be showed in "ochrona łosi" without JQuery Filtering.

Thanks