Add shadow under Top_bar

I have a question about my problem. I want to have a shadow between the Top_bar / menu (on the home page between Top_bar and Slider).
On the second pages without slider is it not a problem, because I've got it through CSS. But the problem on the home page is that the slider is in the <header> and so the shadow is displayed below the slider - not below the menu.

Now I already have two solutions, but it fails in the implementation:
1. I add another class in the theme. Just how can I add a new <div> in the child theme and / or how I override the theme file? Or is it possible to add another class around the Top_bar?
2. I name to another class for the shadow, but since the Top_bar is not position: relative so I can not desired this class.

Is there already a solution for my intend or is it possible to position the shadow differently?
On request I can also attach pictures for understanding.

I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks