Theme conflict with Disqus comments plugin

Hello,

We have been troubleshooting trying to get the disqs plugin to work on our website.

We have tested on other themes and it works, but ot doesn't show up with betheme.

We've been in touch with disqus and they say it is a conflict with BeTheme and to contact you for help.

Can you help make it work?

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Hi,

Please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check html errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine.

Thanks!
  • Thank you for this, how do I fix html errors? Are there any resources you can share to help me do this? Tahnks.

Dan
  • Just edit the main page and look for issues near form.
    Red signs on screenshot are the issues.
    Fix them first.

If you don't know exactly how to do it, just make this section near form from beginning.

Thanks.
  • Hi there,

I'm sorry but when I click the link an error pops up saying 'This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below'.

Please can you explain in a bit more detail?

How do you, 'Just edit the main page and look for issues near form.'?

What do you mean and how do you do this: 'If you don't know exactly how to do it, just make this section near form from beginning.'?

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Dan

• 2) You have to get into source of the website.
    We prefer to use firefox because it shows the issues with red color. (as i showed you in picture above)

3) Sorry, it was bad sentence, my fault.
    I wanted to say, that if you don't know how to fix the HTML errors, you should create the section with form again. Delete it and create it from beginning.

Thanks
  • I found the solution. In the 'Theme Options' settings under Blog, Portfolio & shop, the 'show comments' section had automatically switched to off when we migrated our website. I just switched it on and it works.