Alt Tags Issue!

Hi,

We have done several sites for clients on BeTheme and are facing issues with one bit, the ALT tags for images.

Any image we are adding using the Muffing Builder is not picking up the ALT tags from the media. Any reason why is this is happening?

please check the screenshot here,

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • I did add the screenshot for you and we are not allowed to share the URL publicly as it's our client's website.

Here is the screenshot link for you again:

My question is very simple,

All the site that we are making for our clients using the muffin builder, even though alt tags have been added to each image in the media library, they still don't display in the code. 

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • I have created a test page and inserted an image from your media library.
    It all works fine as you can see for yourself. The alt tag is shown.
    thanks
  • Hi,

Edit the homepage here: /wp-admin/post.php?post=2&action=edit

Go to the first section of the page and edit the list

then check the image uploaded

now check the code of the homepage

Let me know if you are still not clear.
  • Every image has an alt tag.
    You have most likely moved the website from some dev server because the paths to files are not complete. They should start from https://www....  and yours start from /wp-content which is not correct and may cause problems. Please change the paths or re-upload the images again.
    thanks
  • Hi, I do understand what you mean, but this doesn't make any sense. 

My images are being displayed and we have a '/' sign before wp-content folder which means that its the site URL irrespective of whether is HTTP, https, www or non-www. 

The alt tags cannot be based on adding full URL. if you hover over any image in the code you'll see that it displays the full URL in the bar below. this is not wrong.

I have made 20 websites and you are asking us to change paths for each, this doesn't make any sense. I think you should figure this out as it looks like a bug.  Using a root '/' to call for base url on WordPress is a very common practice.
  • Okay but you have shown me one of your pages where the images do not have alt tags, while I go to your page all of them have alt tags? I just do not know how to help since everything works fine.

If you are choosing an image for an item then you have to choose it from the media librabry, thus giving the full URL. You can use the short version of the url but not for items.

thanks