Betheme folder name change - CSS change - child theme... clarifications pls :)

Hello,

I'm building a second website with betheme (i like it that much :)) but this time for a client.

I am confused about the branding/folder/template name changes. 
I've read many posts and articles and i'm still in the fog. Hopefully you can help me.
Please add any wisdom/tricks in your answer, if you have any - so i can understand this one and for all because i'll be developing a few sites with betheme in the near future :)

1) I have read that in order to change the theme name, it's best to install the child theme and change the css. Is that correct?

2) I've done step one. I changed the following:

Theme Name: Betheme Child
Author: Muffin group
Description: Child Theme for Betheme - Premium WordPress Theme
Template: betheme
Version: 1.6.1.1

***to*****

Theme Name: mytheme
Theme URI:
Author:
Author URI:
Description:
Template: mytheme
Version:

Is that correct?
I get a message that WP can't find the parent. What am I doing wrong?

3) In source view, you I still see all the links to betheme :/ So i read that i have to change the theme's folder names (both parent and child) in my FTP. Question: if i do that, will betheme still update correctly?

4) i've read that you can easily remove the theme's branding by using the white label method ( http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#white-label-panel ). Once that is done, are there other things to change in order to remove all branding?

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,
    1,2,3)
    All about Child Theme shortly here:

4) This is only option to hide our brandings.
    There is no other settings.
    Thanks.
  • Thanks Pablo but this is not super helpful :(

Betheme already has a child theme that i've uploaded and activated.

1 & 2: I've showed you what i've done inside the child theme css file. I simply want to confirm that i did things correctly and that there's nothing i've missed.

3: The links to Betheme remain in the code because of the folder name on the server. I'm asking if i can safely go in my FTP and change the betheme folder name WITHOUT risking having problems with future theme updates.

If that's not how it's done, please help me :)

4: ok thank you
  • Please install a new copy of BeTheme Child, do not change anything, let's see if this works.
    You can insert a Custom CSS in Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS, you don't have to insert it into Child Theme.

3) Yes, it will update.

Thanks

• Thank you Pablo !