Theme update hangs, webhost request to muffingroup is blocked then times out.

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with one site not updating correctly through the WP Dashboard.

The 'theme update' hangs for a long time, then times out altogether, leaving me to manually clear the .maintenance flag through FTP to get access back to the dashboard.

After working with the webhost support at Siteground, it appears the request to muffingroup servers blocks the request, then it sits until it times out:

connect(9, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(80),
sin_addr=inet_addr(“149.202.6.209”)}, 16) = -1 EINPROGRESS (Operation
now in progress)

host 149.202.6.209

209.6.202.149.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer n1.muffingroup.com.

Never makes it past this step.

The theme is correctly registered and they have increased all server-side variables that BeTheme shows in status bar. I'm not really sure what to try next. I can update the theme by FTP manually but this is not a good long-term solution for me.

Hope you can help!

Comments

• Hi,
    We cannot do anything.
    From our side everything is working fine.

You have to solve the problem with our hosting provider.
    Thanks.
  • Hi Pablo,

From the information I have, it seems the muffingroup server is blocking the request from the site but nobody can tell me why. Everything except betheme updates perfectly fine.

Do you have any suggestions as to what could be the cause? Any troubleshooting advice or extra info at all? With both sides telling me it's not their problem, it will be difficult to resolve...
  • Ask your hosting provider about firewalls or some defence systems.
    Maybe he'll be able to disable it for a moment.
    Thanks