Menu doesn't always show on first load, but does after refresh

Hi

A wierd occurance. On three seperate computers and several browsers we've tested on, the menu doesn't always show when we load the page at first. If refreshing or navigating via the top menu, the menu appears.

I've tried to do some research, and found that the "loading" class remained on Top_bar, so of course I tried to force things. But naturally that just made the level 1 items show, the sublevels still won't show until a refresh etc.

Digging deeper I noticed that the cookie notice at the bottom wasn't showing either, whenever the menu wasn't working. So obviously something is not working right with some javascript. 

When looking at Firefox browser console, turning on logs, it says "Failure at Presize of Slider:ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined". 

What makes things very wierd, at least to me, is that right now, I just loaded my page without any visible issues in Firefox - Logs still say "Failure at Presize of Slider:ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined" - right after I loaded it with Chrome and menu and cookie-notice fails. Tomorrow they might fail in Firefox. Very inconsistent.

Any clue as to what is going on/how to fix this? :)

Of course I could just check if the "loading" class is on the Top_bar and force a reload, but I don't think that's a viable course ;)

Kind regards,
Bruno

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Hi,
    Class 'loading' appears always if some other script is interrupting a menu script loading.
    Please, disable all of the plugins and custom scripts, clear the cache of the browser and then check again.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pable

Ok, I've disabled all plugins, cleared the browser cache, activated the plugins one by one clearing page cache after each activation and all looked well until I put on the Revolution Slider again. Then the error "Failure at Presize of Slider:ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined" re-appeared.

However, it already did that whether or not the menu failed. So, if those issues are not related (which I don't think they aren't) I'll get back to you tomorrow with an update if it has helped. I'm not able to tell earlier than that.

Kind regards,
    Bruno
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Please send us your login credentials again because they don't work.
    Before sending them, please check if they work.

Thanks.