How to make a certain Menu link always active? (with a use of Social Bar on the top right side)

edited October 2018 in Menu / Mega menu
Hello MuffinGroup,

I would like to make a certain link that's always active, to get the possibility of changing a certain style on a:active link in a social menu. When I add that class, it still won't recognize that link as an active one, even if the link itself is a Homepage. (Tried with CSS Hero and !important)

I am doing a Website for both Personal and Business Users, and that's the reason why I want my homepage button in a social bar, to always stay active while I'm on that domain of personal users, and vice-versa for a domain of business users. (ex.  Personal Users | Business Users ) - Orange is active as long as User is on that domain.

Is it possible, to change something in functions.php to make a certain menu always active? If not, do you have any idea how to make that or some better alternative to split the page into two "categories", where one of them shows if it's currently active and gives a link to another one? Or some friendly Plugin which has the possibility to do that and is compatible with BeTheme?

Good Example of what I´m trying to accomplish is also clearly visible at: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/ (they also have the same thing, personal and business)

Best Regards,
Ivan

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Hi,
    We cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support.

You can register unlimited subdomains with one license key, as long as the main domain is registered under the same key.
    This also applies to subfolder on localhost installations.

If you want to make a link always active on the same website, then you can apply the custom css for whole website (at asame directory) which will make this button active - let's say now it's website with "Personal".

Then, you can install another BeTheme on this same domain, in the subfolder.
    Let's say yourwebsite.com/business and change the active button by CSS again.

Do you understand ?
    Thanks
  • Hi,

thank you for your fast response!
    After your subdomain explanation, I understand those possibilities even better. 

What I still didn't understand so well is, how to apply specific CSS for the specific link on a whole Website, because it affects all list elements of that bar, I always ended up with having both links affected.

I did this now with first-of-type selector: 
    .header-classic #Action_bar .social-menu li:first-of-type a:visited{
     color:rgb(241, 142, 0)!important;
    }
    Because after loaded Homepage, it has visited attribute at start (Personal Users link). Ignoring second list item (Business Users link)
    Is this approach okay or should I try with something else? Unfortunately, I can't add ID or extra class to existing links, they are just list items, not Muffin Builder Buttons :/ (Menu Links made for "Social Menu Top")

Regards,
    Ivan
  • Please send me a link to your website and I'll make this CSS for you.
    Thanks
  • edited October 2018
    I wasn't able to send a private message but: link deleted
  • I see that this is already working on the whole website
    http://prntscr.com/l4r5mt

Thanks.
  • edited October 2018
    Yea I tried to do it with :first of type and a:visited approach and it worked hehe.

Still, thank you for your great support!
    Regards
  • If you have more question, feel free to ask.
    Greetings ;)