How to allow users to work on staging while developing on local?

Hello. I searched the forums for an answer to this question and I couldn't find it, so please just point me in the right direction if this is already addressed.

I'm a developer working in the local development environment on a site using a custom child theme based on BeTheme. The client wants me to install the "in progress" theme on the staging site so that they can be working on updating the content at the same time as the theme is being customized. 

In my experience, many 3rd party themes allow you to have both a development environment and a remote environment active with the same theme at the same time. Is this not the case with BeTheme? If so, how would I activate it so that I can work on development while the client works on updating content?

Thanks,
Julia Mayhugh

Comments

• Hi,
    BeTheme doesn't have such an option.
    And it's not the theme related question.

If you want to allow to work on your local machine, you have to use software made for it.
    All I can suggest is duplicating the website and uploading it on customer server.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

But, license key can be used on one domain at the same time.
    Thanks.
  • You misunderstand my question. I don't have any issues transferring the site from local to remote.

The problem is that I can't work in my local environment without the theme being active, so how do the users work on the Staging site and I work in my local environment at the same time since it's your policy to not allow for more than one domain to be active within the theme?
  • You can use one license key on localhost server and live website at the same time.
    Localhost is not being registered on our database.
    Thanks
  • You should make this more obvious in your pre-purchase documentation. This is a major inconvenience for developers who are creating a custom theme based on BeTheme.

As a developer, I certainly would not recommend this as a base theme again to another client, until this issue is resolved.
  • We are currently creating new documentation because this one(live) is outdated a little bit.
    Sorry about your problem.

Thanks.