Problems with Bullets

edited October 2018 in Files & images
You can view the issue here: http://villageschool.us

I have looked through the forum and seen instructions for designating a custom image as a bullet.  Problem is, no matter what I do, it applies BOTH my custom bullet AND the checkmark bullet.

I tried applying custom css in the theme options that designated the list item bullets:
.infobox ul li:before {
background: url("http://villageschool.us/wp-content/themes/betheme/images/icons/list_flower.png") no-repeat !important;
}

No love. Shows both check mark and flower.

I tried changing list_check.png to list_check_old.png and then renaming list_flower.png to list_check.png.

No love. Shows both check mark and flower.

I tried creating a custom class and applying it in the list content item.

No love. Shows both check mark and flower.

It always wants to show BOTH the check and the flower.  It's infuriating.

To make matter worse, any time I update the BeTheme, it gets rid of my flower icon, and I start it over again, knowing it's not going to fix it, anyway.  How do I get the check mark to go away?

Comments

• Hi,
    Is that what you wanted to achieve?
    Paste this code into Theme Options > Custom cSS & JS > CSS

.infobox ul li::before {
    text-align:center !important;
    font-size:15px !important;
    }
    Thanks
  • edited October 2018
    Nope.  That it no way gets rid of the checkmark.  It's still there.  Not sure why you'd think that CSS would remove the checkmark, leaving only my custom icon.

Did you look at the site at all?  Also, do you understand that I've followed the instructions for creating/applying a custom bullet icon, and for some reason your theme is displaying BOTH the custom icon and the default check mark icon, despite trying several things.

I've determined your theme is NOT referencing the check mark in betheme/images/icons, because if I move the default bullet icons (check, star, lightbulb), it STILL shows the checkmark icon, so I have to think that there's another copy somewhere that the CSS is referencing, but I can't seem to find it.  

Currently I have list_check.png named list_check.old, and the check mark icon is STILL showing up.  And, of course, the next time BeTheme updates, it will all be checkmarks.
  • edited October 2018
    I did not understand what you wanted to achieve at the beginning.
    AND your problem can be resolved with really basic CSS.
    body .infobox ul li::before{
    color:transparent !important;
    }
    Cheers
  • edited October 2018
    That worked.  Thank you. While that is a simple solution, shouldn't the icon be referenced where it actually is? I was actually using CSS instructions that I found in your support forums, so I'm not sure why this extra step should have been necessary.
  • This icon is made with HTML entity, that's why it couldn't be simply changed with the image.
    Which instructions did you follow?
    Thanks