Need to use any shortcode in Counter

Hi there,

I want to use my own shortcode in the Counter (documentation chapter "4.2.13 Counter") for the attribute "count". Instead of any number, my shortcode will return the number. How can I achieve this? Thanks.

BR,
Mario

Comments

• Hi,

What you ask for, is theme files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:
    Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio
    thanks
  • Thanks for pointing out the policy. I read it and I know how to fix it for myself easily.

Let me ask the question differently: You do support shortcodes already in many of the items that I can create with this Muffin Builder. I can use it in a InfoBox, Featurelist, FAQ, Quotes, Timeline, lists,... but not in the Counter. Are you planning to fix this?
    I guess, this would be a added value for the next release. 

So you should consider this in your backlog.

BR,
  • I'm not sure what you want to tell me.
    The counter has his own shortcode which works fine:
    Cheers
  • Not the shortcode for the counter itself but a shortcode as Number for the counter which is mentioned as "Number (for counter item)" in 4.2.13: https://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#muffin-builder).

For example, instead of putting a hardcoded number like "50", I need to retrieve this number from another shortcode like [mycode get="count_my_stuff"]. Having this, the counter is always "up to date" without any manual editing. Then I don't need to care about it anymore, I can be sure its always correct depending on the return of my shortcode. The main requirement here is to display a number which represents a value that is changed regularly (once a day or twice a day or more often).

Hope that's more clear now?

BR,

• edited November 2018
    You would have to create your own php script which will update all of the values in the database, because number is stored in database or recreate whole item from beginning with function inside as you explained.
    But, with BeTheme options it's not possible. To achieve it, you have to edit theme files.
    As I said we do not support it.

If you would have to see it in future updates, please post your suggestion here:
    https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

Thanks