Pagespeed issue

Hi,

I use the following preinstalled theme https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/insurance/ on vergelijkexpert.nl

I checked pagespeed and this was ok.

I went into the settings under general and choosed the classic style because this looks much better.

Now suddenly pagespeed gives me the following message:

Prioritize visible content. Only about 66% of the final above-the-fold content could be ....

If I switch back to the simple style / main everything  is fine.

When I check the original demosite also everything is fine.

Whats wrong?
How can I fix this?? Can I update the structure of a preinstalled website wihout destroiying my current content?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,
    Did you install some third-party plugins?
    Also, disable whole CSS for pagespeed test.

Thanks
  • I deactivated all plugins, cleared cache and get same result. When I change back again to simple style it is fine.

How can I deactivate all css?

Thanks!
  • Just cut all css from Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS
    Cheers
  • Same problem as soon I switch to classic layout.

Thanks!
  • The problem seems to be in the first  I disabled the first wrap / divider and the problem was gone.

When I activate the tabs and the colums again it starts again.

Could it be that something in the tabs or column causes this?

How can I get the original code of the tabs and the column like it is on the demo page?
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hi,

I just did. 
    I switched the style / main to classic en deactivated and cleared the cache.

If you do the pagespeed check you will see the message.

If you switch to style simpel everything is fine.

Cheers.
  • Classic style adds more  CSS styles and images.
    It's a normal thing and unfortunately, we can do nothing about it.
    Cheers.
  • But look here:

https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/insurance/

Why the problem is not there?
  • Is there a way to make the images transparant like on classic style?
  • Changing it to transparent won't make it faster.
    The page will be still loading.

Our website could load faster because our images are maximally compressed.
    Cheers
  • Could you please answer my question?

https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/insurance/

Why the problem is not there but on my page?

It is not the speed but the Content above the fold which is very important because of Google Fred Update.

On the demosite there is no problem with exact the same theme and main style classic.

• Look, our website does not have slider below.
    In this slider, you have png's images, which weight of them is about 4-5kb * all amount of images.

BeInsurance demo has a one png file with all companies, and it has the size of 3,5kb.
    And you have new section, so your page weight more.
    Bigger weight of page = slower loading.

Also, this score you have now it's not that bad, so you do not have to be worried about.
    Cheers.
  • Excuse me but what has the slider to do with the content above the fold ????????

There is something wrong with the tabs only. When I disable the tabs the problem is gone !!!!

If the content above the fold is not ok, you get a punishment which Google calls Fred Update.

Can you send me the original code from one of the tabs so that I can compare them?
  • This is a very old pre-built website and was built with an accordion instead of a normal slider. We do not do this anymore. The classic style is considered outdated by google but this is a wordpress theme, not a dedicated website. We cannot change those things for the sake of the theme and it's clients.
    The only sollution for you, would be to change those things manually.

IF you are looking for the tabs code, you will find it in wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/theme-shortcodes.php

thanks
  • Bryan,

Can you tell me how to make the images transparent then. I will use the normal style than.
  • It will not change anything, like Pablo said. The images will load on the website but css will render them invisible. It will still be seen by google.
    We can ofcourse help you with custom css, please show which images exactly you want to hide
  • I want that the images on the frontpage in the tabs look like with the classic theme. The images only in the tab. Now the background is white. I assume we must change the background color of the simple theme !?
  • I am sorry but what you are asking is not clear. We would have to see what you want to change and where exactly. With a link to the page and some screenshots.
    The styles classic and simple are global. There is no way of having both styles at the same time.
    thanks