Website templates not installing correctly. Site looks terrible.

Hi, can you help me.

I cannot get the media to install (pics) or the rev slider so the site is useless.  Does this have anything to do with php file?
I have been having problems for the past month or so with all of my betheme sites.  The site in question is www.playgolfandtennis,.com.  I also cannot get the rev slider to work on www.bettyforcityclerk.com either.  This is annoying.  I love betheme and do not want to have to change, but I need this to work.  I have 5 licesnes and will need more soon.
Thanks
Ron

Comments

• edited October 2018
    OK, after re-installing the builder 2 demo 4 times, I finally got all of the images to install, but I still cannot get Rev Slider to install.  I also had to re-install other things, but they work.  I even changed my php versions.  I need rev slider running. Please help.

Thanks
    Ron
    www.playgolfchicago.com

REV SLIDER ERROR MESSAGE

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.playgolfandtennis.com/wp-admin/admin.php?

Read Error

The system returned: (104) Connection reset by peer

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry your request.

• Sorry, never mind.  I deleted the plugin via ftp, reinstalled it and reactivated it.  Still had to do both several times, but it finally worked.  However, now having issues with the demo slider, but I will figure it out.  It is just taking many attempts to get plugins installed, but I am going to talk to Godaddy tomm. to make sure it is not on our end.  Thanks, Ron  I will keep you posted if necc.
  • Hi,
    From the version 20, we have introduced a new way of installing sliders. Now, when you install a pre-built website, the slider is imported automatically. You can also import them without installing the pre-built website.
    Here is a screenshot for better understanding:
    http://prntscr.com/h85ybi

If you do not see this option, please make sure that revolution slider is installed and active. Also, the version of your theme must be 20.0 or more.

thanks
  • Yea, and it takes multiple attempts to get it installed AND activated.  That said, I finally got www.playgolfandtennis.com's slider rev. to install and activate, but it looks like crap (double pic), and I do not know why.

Regarding www.bettyforcityclerk.com, I have ftp deleted it, and UNSUCCESSFULLY tried to install it a dozen times.  Got it to install once, but could not activate the stupid thing.  This is getting very, very, very frustrating, and I have 5 licenses and sites to manage.  Please fix this or tell me what to do.  I am also an engineer and technical expert of sorts.

By the way, I know how to install it, it just won't install.  Here is the latest message I recieved after I deactivated ALL plugins and tried to activate Slider Rev.

Warning:
    require_once(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data02/69/42125669/html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/include-framework.php):
    failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data02/69/42125669/html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php on line 59

Fatal error: require_once():
    Failed opening required
    '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data02/69/42125669/html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/include-framework.php'
    (include_path='.:/opt/remi/php72/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/remi/php72/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')
    in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data02/69/42125669/html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php on line 59

Please help me fix this.  I am losing money.
    Thanks
    Ron
  • Hey Ron,
    those errors you send are from Revolution Slider files. It is most likely that another plugin is messing up your slider plugin or the installation process. Please make sure:
    1. You updated the theme
    2. You updated all plugins
    3. You have only the revslider plugin active, rest of the plugins are disabled.
    thanks
  • I finally fixed it.  I had to start over from scratch with a new wordpress setup, install betheme, register it and then install and activate Slider Rev with no other plugins installed at all.  That is the only way it worked.  I tried every other way possible.   However, at least all 5 of my sites are working fine now. Thanks. Ron
  • Is there anything elses I can help you with?
    Thanks
  • Yea, now I cannot install a demo, and it tells me deregister www.chicagodiylearningcenter.com, but I cannot. What gives now?  I have 5 Betheme sites and they are becoming annoying to manage - problem after problem.  
  • Here is the error message.  Referer domain is different than registered domain. Please contact us using contact form on our Themeforest profile page:
    https://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup

I followed the link and sent a message.
  • Never mind.  it's Godaddy b/c they assign a temp address.  I did not register my theme until after I changed the temp address, but somehow the code was applied to the temp address and not my real domain name.  Godaddy no longer lets you attached a real domain name until later and does not delete the temp.
  • I'm glad you solved the problem.
    Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Thanks
  • edited November 2018
    Thanks Pablo.

Is there a way to reduce the size of the text in Porfolio featured pic name.  

BTW, I get error codes the first time I try to load this page.  If I reload, it works.

502 Bad Gateway

The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.

Or, does it require a custom code?
    Thanks
    Ron
  • Dear Ron, 502 errors are not theme related. They are about redirects. These should be checked by your hosting provider in the logs.
    Also try to disable plugins, maybe one of the them is causing this behaviour.

Which text do you mean? We do not see any
    thanks
  • I figured it out.  Thanks.

The only issue I am having now is trying to find the Slider Text on the Builder 2 demo.

I cannot find it anywhere.  I thought it was on the home page, but I changed that text and it did nothing.  I also seem to have lost the red box. How can I reinstall the original Home Page and where is the Slider Rev. Text coming from?  Thanks, Ron
  • LOL. Never mind.  I found it.