SEO service claims it is not good to use title as img-alt-text on my site

How can I stopp using the site-title automatically as logo alt-text? 

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,
    You can change all of the images(also logo) alt-text in WP Dashboard > Media

It's basic WP functionality and we cannot modify/remove it.
    Thanks
  • Thank you but it seems you don't know that this is not possible in betheme this way, Betheme uses the title of your home page as alt/title text for the logo on the page. 

Seems like this text is NOT set or changable in media library as alt text or title text, it gets this alt text / title text from the title of the homepage automatically. 

Other themes don't act like this so I am not sure what you mean by "WP functionality". It is due not wp-functionallity. It is programmed from muffingroup into betheme specifically.

This should be changeable.
  • All alt texts are from media library, not from the title of the homepage.

To prove it, look i've changed an alt-text to "its just for you keiner"

Maybe it's one of your plugins, but this is not how betheme is working.
    Also, is your theme up to date?
    Thanks

• Thank you for your answer and the detailed demo.

That is very strange as I learned it in this forum, that betheme logo sets alt text from the title of the homepage. Can not find that link with that post anymore... maybe I am just confused and wrong.

It does not work for me, I have set up an alt text in media-library for the logo-image, what shows up as alt text is the site title. Can not find a plugin or anything else responsible for that. 

Using version 7.4 here - is this up to date?
  • It could work on old versions of betheme like this - but I'm not sure about it.
    The version you're using is very old, the newest version is 20.9.8.1 right now.

Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.
    thanks
  • You are right, I updated the theme and now it behaves just as you said. Thank you.

Before it was like betheme behaved before: it sets the alttext from homepage title.