Updating version 13.6

Hello, I took over a website from another developer and the theme has not been updated since 13.6.  I just purchased a new copy with a registration code.  I tried to use the http://api.muffingroup.com/licenses/ to register my theme and it shows {"error":"No registered licenses for this purchase code and username"}.  Also I am having a difficult time finding where to add the registration code in version 13.6., because I want to enable automatic updates.  Will I have to uninstall the old theme and reinstall the newer version? 

Comments

• Hello katie,
    the licenses tool you used is not for registering but for deregistering, so this is why it showed you this message. Your key is not registered yet, that is good.
    You cannot register it using such an old version because the registration became possible from version 20.
    Please do this:
    1. Make a backup copy of your whole website with the database.
    2. Go to your FTP /wp-content/themes and remove the betheme folder completly.
    3. Go to themeforest and download the newest version of betheme.
    4. Install the theme and go to wordpress admin>betheme>dashboard to register they key.

Now you will be able to update the plugins from betheme>install plugins and update the theme from the wordpress update panel.

cheers
  • thank you! that answers all of my questions!

katie