Change to betheme child instead of betheme

When I started on one of my websites 2 years ago, I made an error and used the theme "betheme" instead of "betheme child".
This means that I cannot update the theme correctly. Is there an easy way to change from betheme to child theme without any loss? So I can easily update the theme.

Comments

• Hi,
    All of the settings in Theme Options and content of Muffin Builder is stored in the database, so you'll not lose it.
    But if you customized theme files(without child theme) then while updating the theme, you'll lose it.

You have to install the Child Theme (which comes in the package with the theme from themeforest) and apply all of the changes in functions.php file.
    More about it here:

Thanks
  • See the link with the photos:

So if I press activate on child theme, I will lose the changes I have made in Betheme options settings, custom css, color, header image etc. 

Nofting will happens to my existing pages, woocommerce webshops and plugins etc?  

• All of your Theme Settings and Muffin Builder content is stored in the database, so chaning your theme to the Child Theme won't remove it.
    Do not be worry about it.
    Thanks
  • Thanks,

I have Theme Version 16.2 on this site,  which i can't automatic update, I've to do this manuel. 
    What is the fastest, best and easiest way to do this, so I get det newest version without any loss? :-) 
    Do I've to download the newest version and then upload it to the site again?
    If yes? Do the customization on the Betheme get lost? existing pages, Visual Composer, woocommerce webshops and plugins etc?    
  • And i should both upload the Betheme.zip and betheme-child.zip?
  • Here is an instruction on how to update the theme below version 20: http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme. We also recommend creating a backup file. Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.

All of your Theme Settings, Muffin Builder content are pages are stored in
    the database, so changing your theme to the Child Theme or updating it won't remove it.
    Do not be worry about it.

Yes, you have to upload both files.
    Thanks