Problem when Update page

Hello,

When I try to update the page (with muffin builder), it gets an error:

https://i.imgur.com/Y7KFMuq.png

Can someone help me please?

Cheers

Comments

• Hello,
    please update the theme to the newest version and disable all of your plugins. Tell us if the page saves fine if the plugins are inactive.
    thanks
  • Hello,

How I can update the theme? 

Downloading and installing again?

Cheers
  • You could do that. It depends what version are you currently using. The new method of updating the theme is thru wordpress>dashboard>updates. If you have a old theme version, you will have to remove it and install it manually again.
    thanks
  • Hello Support Team, 

I have a related question. I added a couple buttons to the bottom of a page and now strangely only one of them saves. - The template is acting like i can only have a max number of elements or 
    perhaps data per page, but I see no warning or indication that anything is wrong...

Do you know what is happening or why it might behave like that?

As a related question, I think that I am able to update the BeTheme. I know this may sound like a silly question, but I have put a lot of work in so far, so I want to make sure: can I update the theme and wordpress without negative effect to my custom changes?

Thanks in advance!
    Sincerely,
    April

• 1) Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside
    and send us a link to that file privately thru the contact form which is
    on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so
    we can have a look on your server settings. Remember to also send your
    license key and Wordpress admin login credentials. The problem is
    probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we
    need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit
    https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    2. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

2) If your theme files are not customized in any way, then you can update your theme.
    If your theme files were customized, then you have to use the Child Theme, more about it here:

Thanks
  • Okay, I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

About the child theme, I was under the impression that I was on a child theme? I installed one of the "premade websites" and cutomized from there. 

• Hi Pablo, I have sent the requested information. 
  • Hi Pablo + Muffin Support Team, 

I am not sure why you asked me to contact the MuffinBuilder Support Team as this seems to be a hosting issue. I am talking to my hosting provider and they seem to know how to fix this issue, better described here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46961406/muffin-builder-has-a-limit-wordpress-be-theme

My PHP Time Limit & Max Input Vars are both much too low, I am guessing that these factors are creating the issue. If not, I will let you know. 

I am hoping that it might fix the blurry Thumbnails too, but that might be hoping too much. Can you tell me if I am using a child template based on the fact that I am using a "pre-made website"?

Sincerely,
    April
  • 1) I wanted to take a look on the your phpinfo file to check if the php_max_input_vars value is not too small.

It's 5000, so it's ok for regular(or kinda bigger) pages, if your page does have a lot of content, then you have to increase it to the higher value.
    To do that, you have to ask your hosting providerto increase that value to 10000.

2) The problem with blurry thumbnails is related with too small featured image size.
    I do not which images are blurred(portfolio, shop, blog), so I send you where you can customize all of them:
    a) To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog, please
    navigate to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image. b) To change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, please go
    to settings>media. c) To change the woocommerce images size please go to the customizer
    tool in wordpress and change it in the front-end.
    More information HERE

Notice!
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size

Also, about the Child Theme - if you changed the option in the "Theme Options" only, then you don't have to be worried,update is not gonna change your content/options.
    Thanks