image size

when I upload image, I found it generate many sizes automatically.

I tried to disable auto generate in wordpress setting, but it's not work .

i think the code is in theme function.

where can i delete it?

Comments

• Hello,
    sorry but there is no option to disable this feature. The sizes are generated by the wordpress function and we also have featured image sizes set in theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured images

We cannot change this feature. Why would you want to change it? It is better for mobiles to load smaller images.
    thanks
  • edited January 2019
    saving space of my server. It waste too space when I upload many images,so I think it's a big problem,please help to fix it.

I already found some code in theme-function.php,after i delete, most image sizes are not exist anymore.

but there still a size that auto generate is 768px  x  ???

I didn't find it in function.php

where can i delete it?

the code I've deleted

if( ! function_exists( 'mfn_add_image_size' ) )
    {
    function mfn_add_image_size() {

// Backend --------------------------------------------

/*
    * Featured Image
    */
    $singleW = mfn_opts_get( 'featured-single-width', 1200 );
    $singleH = mfn_opts_get( 'featured-single-height', 480 );

$singleC = mfn_opts_get( 'featured-single-crop', 'crop' );
    $singleC = ( $singleC == 'resize' ) ? false : true;

add_image_size( 'blog-single', $singleW, $singleH, $singleC );

}
    }
    add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'mfn_add_image_size', 11 );

• BTY It generate even wordpress auto generate function is disable, so it cause by theme
  • What you ask for, requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:
    Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio

thanks