PHP Error after attempting to update Header PHP file; when Theme is disabled Update is Successful

Hi, 

I was trying to add the google analytics tracking code/google tag manager code to the header php file using the WordPress Editor* but when I attempt to update the following error message appears (additionally, here is a link to the screenshot):

"Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP."

I contacted HostGator support and they found that disabling BeTheme allowed for a successful update to the file.  (Previously they disabled all plugins, but the error still occurred).

They said the next step would be to reach out to BeTheme Support as it was something about the theme that was causing the error...so here I am.

Any help on what to do next is much appreciated--thank you!

*I was able to successfully add the Google analytics codes to my other website (which also uses BeTheme) right before the attempt on this second website.

Comments