How to Edit Attachment Pages in Galleries

Hi,

I've added a Gallery in one of my pages, and enabled the "Link to --> Attachment Page".

When I click on it I'm forwarded to a new page, but I don't know how to edit this page as WordPress Admin. (can't find those pages in "Pages" or "Posts"). How can I do that?

What do I want to accomplish?

I want to have several Images on the original page that should all lead to seperate pages, so I want people to be forwarded to another page when they click on one of the images of the galery.  I also want to add a parent page to those seperate pages and link Posts to them.

Example:

https://www.belovedlittleone.com/recommendations/ --> Page with the galery of 6 pictures

then I click one of the pictures I'm forwarded to

https://www.belovedlittleone.com/recommendations/daily-fun/ --> this is the page I want to edit. Also: I didn't choos the slug (daily-fun), can I edit that too?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind Regards,
Manu

Comments

• Hi,
    I do not see any images on your page.
    Also, there is no 'Link to --> Attachment Page" option in "Image Gallery" item, where did you find it?
    Is this some kind of third party plugin?

Please explain your issue greater.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

I don't know why you can't see any Images. This really baffles me, because I can see them on mobile and desktop-devices (not logged in).

can you see them when you go to: www.belovedlittleone.com --> Main Menu on the top: Recommendations ?

Here is the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/mwrz8y

Is it a plugin I'm using? Wasn't Aware of that either...

• Okay, I can see them now.
    This is not theme-related question.

This pages are created by Gutenberg and they cannot be customized through the wordpress options - it require wordpress files customizations.

All what we can suggest is using the Muffin Builder instead.
    Thanks
  • Hi,
    thank you for your help!

I switched back to the BeTheme Muffin Builder and recreated the page.

I now have the following problems:

1.) I inserted the pictures into my "recommendations"-page. Everything works just fine there.
    Then I created a new page as a daughter-page that I want to link to the picture. I added a column to put text in and formate the text, but whenever I click "save changes" and update the page half the text and all the formate is missing (like headings and bold etc.) 
    I managed to get it to work for the first two pages ("healthy baby" and "mommy's wishlist" (example here: https://www.belovedlittleone.com/recommendations/mommys-wishlist/)), but I couldn't get it to work for the others. It just shows the plain text. 

2.) Also the page "daily fun" I created adds a number "-2" to the slug that I don't want there. I created the page just like the others, but I don't know where the number came from. How can I get rid of it?

I hope I explained everything so that it makes sense... 
    Thank you so much for you help - you have no idea how much frustration you are saving me :-D
  • 1) As Can I see, you just inserted the simple HTML text in these pages without styling.
    Does the <h1> or other tags not work?

2) You will not be able to remove that, because the daily-fun page does already exists

Thanks
  • HI,

1) no, the <h1> etc. did not work. I inserted/formatted the text this way in the column, then clicked "save changes", but nothing was saved. neither the Format, and only half the original text.. So it would  keep about half the text and no Format at all.

very frustrating. Do you have any idea why this happens?

2) oh, I didn't know that page exists :-o how can I delete it? can't find it in my "pages" nor in my "Posts"

Thank you!

• 1)

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

2) Did you remove these blocks from the Gutenberg editor?
    It's probably the fault of this.

Thanks

• Hi Pablo,
    thank you; I've sent a private message with the link and password attached. 
  • Hey,
    1. Everything works fine, we took this page:
    and imported the muffin builder content here:

2. You have it still in trash, remove it from there to unlock the permalink
  • Hi Bryan,
    thank you for your work.
    Formatting now worked with one page, but didn't work with the "Daily Fun" Page...

Can you please take another look at it? I permanently removed it from trash and recreated the page, but it still has the "-2" in the permalink. No idea why. 

Also, I can't format the text in the columns, same problem as was before on the other pages. 
    Do you have any idea why this keeps happening?
    Also, could you please tell me how to create the permalink without the "-2" in the "Daily Fun" page? 
    Thank you so much. 
    I've changed the password back to what it was so that you can enter the page again if needed. 
  • edited March 2019
    1) The problem was related to your images, they had the same name and location.
    Please use other names for the images.

2) To edit text in the Column item, you have to use the HTML tags.
    If you want to use the WordPress Visual editor, please use the "Visual Editor" item instead of the column.
    Thanks