Using Child Theme to customize files in subfolders like"/includes"

I use BeTheme for 95% of my client website builds but I am always stuck on one issue. Not every theme is exactly what is needed and yours is no exception. There are a lot of times I want to make small customizations to files but the only way this works is editing the core files - overwritten at next BeTheme update. One example is editing the "includes/header-top-area.php" file. Is there a way to edit this and other files outside of the core so that it will be retained at next theme update? I've tried making a child theme but these customizations are not recognized, especially when attempting to edit a file outside a directory such as "/includes". Looking forward to your answer. Thank you so much.

Comments

• Hi,
    Probably, you didn't included the changes in the functions.php file, but from 21.1.1 theme version you don't have to declare them.
    Just edit your Child Theme files and activate the child theme on wordpress and it will be working.
    So, let's try to edit the child theme now, remember, you have to install the new BeTheme's Child Theme files from the themeforest.
    Thanks