Do I Delete Testing Installation?

Hello,

I've installed Wordpress here: mydomain.com/wpTest to test and build my website using a pre-built template.

My site is now finish. I've copied it using Duplicator plugin to here: mydomain.com

Now what do I do with the site here: mydomain.com/wpTest

If I delete it, how do I do that?
Can I just go and delete all folders and files with FTP?
Will that create conflicts or create bugs with my site here: mydomain.com

Comments

• Hi,
    If you want to remove that old site files, then please, deregister the license key first.
    You can register unlimited subdomains with one license key, as long as the main domain is registered under the same key.
    Thanks
  • edited March 2019
    Hello,

I'm confused...
    My main domain is already registered when I copied my site using Duplicator plugin.

If I deregister the installation here: mydomain.com/wpTest would that deregister also my main domain?

Also how do I delete the testing site here mydomain.com/wpTest?
    Can I just go and delete all folders and files with FTP?

Will that create conflicts or create bugs with my site here: mydomain.com?
  • You can use the same license key as long as the main domain is registered under the same key(like in your case).

If you deregister your license key on the mydomain.com/wpTest using dashboard, then it won't register your license key on the main domain.
    Also, it won't make any bugs, because all of the settings and your content are stored in the database.

If you want to remove the files from /wpTest, please deregister the license key from that domain first.
    Thanks