BeTheme - Post featured image template

Hi there, 

I am using Betheme's 'intro header' template for my blog posts, but there is an issue that i can't make the 'intro header' template my default post template; which i find very annoying since my editors are not well versed in Wordpress and its just a waste of time to get them to choose the template. 
So, i found the array inside /functions/meta-post.php but i am unable to apply it to the functions.php on the child theme, 

Could you please point me to what i should do next. And it would be appreciated if you had an option in the theme's general options to decide which template is the default template for the blog posts.

Thank you, 

Comments

• Hi,
    Sorry but we do not help with theme files customizations.
    But, this documentation will point you how to use the Child Theme proprely.

Thanks
  • Thanks for getting back to me,

I am not sure exactly what you mean by ' we do not help with theme files' !
    im not asking you to help me code, but there is something burried deep in your theme that deosnt allow theme folders to map to child_theme.

Regarding my original question, i dont understand how there is no option to set the default post template to anyone of the 3 templates by default.. 
  • From what I can see you are asking us how to change the array in the files so that the first option you choose is the intro header. We do not offer support in this case because this means that we weould have to help you with theme files customization, which we do not support.

If you have the latest version of the theme then the child theme will work out of the box. Any file you copy to it and change will be reflected on the website. Remember to keep the paths to the files, the same as in the parent theme.

thanks
  • Hi Bryan, 

I have the latest version and i copied the folder and file with the right paths to the child theme, and it still deosnt work!

its unfortunate, might have to use a different theme all together for many client lisences just because of this issue. you really need to think about having the template choice in the theme options.

Thank you
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard login credentialsand FTP access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks