Issue with Meta descriptions

I'm noticing a common issue with meta descriptions in sites I use Be Theme on. It only occurs with Be Theme as I have other sites as well that utilize different themes.

For some reason no matter what I do:

1. I've tried using the SEO setting in the theme
2. I've tried disabling the SEO settings in the theme and using Yoast

No matter what, Google pulls the copy at the top of the page and inserts it as the meta description. No matter what the query is. I've tested from different locations, browsers, tried multiple queries, still the same meta description is aggregated. One of my sites the copy at the top of the page is literally an html banner (using a banner plugin) and it's pulling the copy from that which is "HUGE NEWS Y'ALL! Facebook has featured_______Agency as a Success Story for our leading strategies." So not at all helpful to the searcher.

Do you know a work around for this?

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • edited July 2019
    Is this public?

• Yes, this forum is public.

I do not see the problem with meta description or title.
    Isn't it working good?

Thanks
  • No, True the meta is indicated. I can see that when I view page source. 

Yet the meta that is pulled when you actually look for the site in Google:

Now I would think this is Google just doing what they do. But this is only an issue on ALL of the sites that I have Be Theme on. I don't have this issue with Avada, Qode, or Salient. Yours and these 3 are the only ones I use. The meta is only an issue with you.
  • As I can see, you're using a lot of third-party plugins and customized theme(child theme), you would have to disable all of these which are not supported and change the theme, then update the seo options and wait couple of days to make the google robots notice the difference.

Also, your theme must be up to date.
    I can see that you use the nice-scroll which was removed from our theme some time ago because it was making a lot of troubles and wasn't supported by the author.
    Thanks