How to upgrade?

Hi There

I have very old version of the theme and it is 16.6. Now how to upgrade and when i upgrade i just do not want to mess up with current layout and content. I also wanted to create new slider or wanted to import from revolution slider have...Is it possible when i install updated version of theme?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,
    We suggest to update your theme to the latest version first.
    Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the
    files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a
    fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.

thanks
  • Okay so you mean....

Step 1

delete existing theme

step 2

install the theme again and then what???

sorry i have checked your guide before opening this thread but still i am having issue to understand the procedure.
  • Or you mean to download latest files and then paste them in my hosting directly so that it is updated to latest version. In this case i have to copy all files and paste it in the my cpanel hosting???? And i think i should not replace wp-config file because that will contain the sensitive details....

Let me know

Thanks
  • You have to remove only the files of the theme from wordpress and then upload the latest one which are downloaded straight from the themeforest.
    It will work fine, trust us - you won't lose your content and settings because they are stored in the database.
    But, if you are worried about them, please make a backup first with this plugin:
    Thanks
  • Alright...i was bit busy and today its too late...i will try tomorrow and get back to you...

thanks
  • Hi There
    Thank you for your help. It worked out all good for me. Things are perfect. only one issue. I dont see my slider in slider revolution plugin. It is showing me on home page how it was before but if i want to edit slider how will i do if i cant see it in revolution slider section in back end...

let me know

Thanks
  • Hello,
    It's hard to say what can be the problem - create a slider and check if it dissapear.
    Also, did you update your RevSlider to version 6?
    Thanks
  • Yes i did upgrade revslider...I tried all way but it still not showing...I do not why...

Thanks for your help
  • Is your WP up to date? It should be 5.2
    Also, is your PHP Version 7 or higher?

Thanks
  • I am not sure about PHP version...I will check and let you know...also can you see on my site...when i click on menu button the text just disappears which does not look good...
    see here on menu http://shgseo.com

thanks
  • I have wordpress 5.2.2 and php was 5.6 which i changed it to 7 version...

thanks
  • I am even when creating new slide i dont see any option to change the font color and font size...I want to make new slider for fresh look but i can't do it because its just a plain white color fonts...
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • I just did it....I am having issue when i am making changes...Today i did change something on home page and it disappear so i tried few different things but still its not showing up...I have sent message few minutes back...

thanks
  • Hello,
    all of the issues were present because you had cache plugins active when you update the theme, which caused all of your problems. I deactivated the cache plugin and cleared my browser cache, now everything works. Please do the same and let us know if you see any more issues.
    thanks