Post images

I am building a site for a book author.  I have created a Post for each book showing
an image and description.  Since there is
a large number of titles,   I cloned the Post and then edited the image
and description.

This works really well except when I create a Page and use a
Blog or Blog slider to load the Posts to a Page.  Then the only image that shows is image from
the Post that was cloned.

How do I change that image that loads into the page?

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co

thanks
  • edited August 2019
    If you go to my website and select the menu item "Articles"  you will see three Post with the same picture.  Two of these Posts have been cloned. When you click "Read More" on each of these Post you will the Post with the picture and description desired.

How do I show the correct picture?
  • That's normal, it will clone the descrtiption, content and featured image.
    I do not understand the issue, everything is working fine, I can change the image and content to other.

Thanks
  • However, I want the image that show, when you click read more, to be the featured image.  As you can see the only image that shows is the cloned image on the Articlesl Page.  This takes away the benefit of cloning.  This means that you can't use these cloned Post when you want to add an Item, such as Blog, Column, Image Gallery, or Portfolio to load Post to a Page.

This seem to be a major flaw in BeTheme!
  • Which cloned image? I do not understand.
    All of these images are able to change, but there is few of them.
    Please show me that image you want to change on the screenshot.

Thanks
  • Go to my site and open Articles Page.  This page shows the Post that were cloned.  The image that shows is the cloned image.  With in two of these Post the image was changed as well as the description which shows when the Post is opened when clicking "read More"

judithmowery.com
    pw: abc123

Open Articles on the menu
  • Are you talking about that images?
    http://prntscr.com/opf3ms - if not, show me it on the screenshot.
    I've already told you how to change it:

Also, the content of that post can be changed in the same location:

I do not really understand what you mean, this is the only image that appears on the "Articles" page.
    Thanks
  • edited August 2019
    Thanks, but I must have turned something off in BeThemes and I tried turning ever thing back on  but I can't get featured image to show when creating a new Post or when I try to edit a Post.

judithmowery.com

any Post
  • This is basic WordPress functionality - so please go to the Options http://prntscr.com/opwqjg
    and there, you will be able to turn on the "Featured Image" feature

Thanks
  • Thanks, now I understand why you didn't understand my problem.  However, options doesn't show unless you change the settings
  • So, do you need some further help?
    Thanks