Adding link to Icon

hi,
how to add link to icon inside the column:

<button class="btn"><i class="fa-icon-whatsapp link="#callus" social="WhatsApp" style="font-size:60px;color:white"></i></button>

i was able to show the WhatsApp icon but when click it its null no action.

thanks
ahmed 

Comments

• Hi Ahmed,
    Please be familiar with the shortcode of the Button.

Also, notice that you're missing the quotation mark to close your "class" attribute.
    Fix it, and it should be working fine.
    Thanks
  • Can you please provide the correction syntax as I gave up !
  • i corrected the icon type still it is showing the icon button but null link response, please correct the attribute code as u said 

<button class="btn"><i class="icon-whatsapp" link="http://www.dcx.ae/#callus" target="#" social="WhatsApp" style="font-size:60px;color:white"></i></button>
  • Look how the shortcode of button looks like:
    [button title="" link="" target="_blank" align="" icon="" icon_position="" color="" font_color="" size="2" full_width="" class="" download="" onclick=""]
    You don't have an <i> tag inside of it, all of these settings are inside this shortcode, so you should fill
    up the shortcode, in my case fully working shortcode will look like:
    [button title="Click Me" link="https://linktoyourwebsite.com/contact" target="_blank" icon="icon-lamp" icon_position="left" color="#000000" font_color="#FFFFFF" size="2"]
    I've only filled these fields which were necessary for me.
    Of course, there is more of fields, all of them are on our splash page, link to that page is mentioned in my previous answer.

Thanks

• thanks for your help and guidance, however, i tried it but this is not what i want.

I want the "WhatsApp icon" to be the button without any surrounding button frame.

my original html shows the icon as a button but i cannot assign a link to it, so if you just see where i am going wrong with the syntax and provide the fix then it would be helpful.

thanks

• i found it by myself .. no need for your delayed response, posting it for other users to benefit

<a href="#"><button a class="btn"> <i class="icon-whatsapp" role="button" social="WhatsApp" style="font-size:60px;color:white"></i> </button></a>
  • Glad that you solved it out.
    Do not be mad about our response time, we do respond three times a day - our working time can be noticed on the themeforest profile:

If you have some other questions/issues feel free to ask.
    Thanks