icon-phone

Good morning,
I have updated my website iconyl.ch to the latest version of BeTheme.
As a consequence, the icons in the Contact section are not valid anymore.
Could you please help me fix this ?
Thank you and kind regards

Comments

• The icons concerned are:
    icon-phone
    icon-map
    icon-lock-line

although they are still listed in the Font section of BeTheme support.
  • PS: same issue on the left and right sliders of the News section...
  • PS: I have also updated to new version of Wordpress which triggerred some plug-in updates.
  • Hi,

Please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check html errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine.
    Thanks!
  • Thank for your reply. I checked but I did not see any HTML error...
  • http://prntscr.com/os19ey - it's one of them, in red color.
    The problem can be related to the minify/cache plugin, because as I see, you're using one of them.
    Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of your browser and check if the issue still exists.
    Thanks
  • Thank you for your feed-back. I disabled Autoptimize and Cache enabler and the issue in the code is still there. However, it seems it is related with additional /div et /body which are generated by the code generator...
  • It’s could be because of CORS library which hasn’t been installed on your server.

More details about the CORS you can read on
    http://enable-cors.org/server.html but we recommend to contact with your
    server administrator this case because he will be able to help you for
    sure.

P.S. For .htaccess solution, please visit
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/4902/icons-are-gone-cors-solved-within-htaccess

thanks
  • Ok thanks. I have restored my website to previous version and I will update components one by one to check which one caused an issue.
  • Hello again. I am implementing the
     Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

Is this something needed because of Betheme?

Can this endanger the website?
    Instead of '*', can we name just the website which is needed for the theme to work?

Thank you and kind regards

• The CORS issue is related only to the hosting provider - BeTheme does not have anything in common with that problem.

You have to contact your hosting provider and ask him about it.
    Thanks
  • Ok thank you. But this is strange as this is impacting icons needed by the theme... I don't see why we need CORS for icons, considering the potential risk of having external scripts corrupt the website...
  • It's required by the HTTPS protocol, so it's necessary for working fine.
    Thanks
  • Hello
    I talked to my hosting provider and our website developer.
    They do not quite understand why you need a '*' in
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

Would it be possible just to restrict to the resources Betheme needs? I am saying Betheme because the icon issue only happened when updating the theme from 20.9.8.1.
    Until then, I had no issue.

Thanks and regards
  • But, CORS does not have anything in common with the BeTheme software.
    It's just a server configuration - probably while some server updating one of the settings changed and server blocks the icons.

If you want to use other server configuration, you have to keep in touch with your hosting provider, not with us.
    Thanks
  • Hello,

Actually the issue did not come from CORS, but from the BeTheme update itself.

I investigated the theme update problems, when looking at the exchanges between the browser and the website, we see that the font mfn-icons.aot is not found (http 404 error).

The theme I am using is BeTheme child. I don't know why as I thought I was using BeTheme,
    which is also installed on my website.

Before the update, the font file in question was searched in the parent theme BeTheme, but with the new update, the font is searched in the directory of the child theme itself, and is not found there, either because the update package is not complete or for any other reason.

I can see two solutions: improve the update package of child theme or move my website to parent theme.

Which one is the best? Why using child theme instead of parent theme? How to move the website to parent theme?

Thank you and kind regards.
    www.iconyl.ch

• So, Child Theme should be used only if you modified your files in some way, otherwise there is no sense to use it.

All of the Custom CSS & JS code will be saved, so the question is, did you change something in the theme?
    thanks
  • No, of course I did not. How do we use Parent theme instead? Thank you
  • Just download the package of the BeTheme from the themeforest, remove old folders with BeTheme via FTP and upload the new one.

You won't lose any of your content because it's stored in the database, but if you feel worried, please make a backup with the duplicator plugin.

Thanks