set height

how do I make the portfolio items a set height?

I would like that the portfolio items look symmetrical and the image fill the space proportionately.
new.travelingtykes.com

Comments

• Hi,
    Can you explain your problem more greater? With some screenshots if possible.
    I do not understand what you exactly want to achieve.

Also, that link to page you sent is not working.
    It's redirecting me to company which want to sell that domain.

Thanks
  • sure, see attached.
    there is also a lot of space between each row for the portfolio images.

• how can upload a screenshot?
  • Hi,
    To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog, please navigate to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image.

Notice!
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

thanks
  • this doesn't take care of the spacing between the rows of the images
  • The only way to remove the spacing between these items is to change the portfolio layout - there is no other way.
    All of these styles are pre-builded and spacing between them is calculated by JS script which cannot be modified in the theme options.

Check other portfolio layouts, one of them will be surely good for you:

Thanks

• hmmm... that is strange . why would you build a theme to have different spacing between rows?
  • As you see, it's only happen on one of the images (Height of image is too big), that's why you should do what Bryan told you.
    And it's not working probably because you provided too big value of height or width for the images in theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image.

If you'll provide too big width or height there than original image has, then it will not gonna change, it will stay with the same resolution.
    Please do what Bryan told once more, but this time check, if you didn't cross the original size of any image.

Thanks
  • I did what bryan told me. What should I make the values for height and width?
  • What Pablo tried to explain is this:
    If the value of height and width of the featured images you set in theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image is higher than the actual image you have in your media library, then it will not resize that image -because the image is smaller and cannot be stretched to fit the featured image size.
    thanks