Sidebar

How can I add a sidebar to a specific page? I just want it to be on my blog page girlwithwanderlust.com/blog, but when I adjust the sidebar settings in options, it adds it all pages.

On my blog page, I have the layout selected for a right sidebar and have my sidebar built.

This sidebar will only work if I assign this page as the blog page, but I don't want to do that, as the formatting doesn't work. The blog excerpts don't work and there aren't "read more" buttons. 

So I would appreciate a solution to adding a sidebar to just this page. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Hey,
    just go to theme options>sidebars and set the 'single posts' sidebar option to 'full width without sidebars'.
    This option will make sure your posts does not have a sidebar.
    thanks
  • Hi Bryan, I actually want to add a sidebar to my girlwithwanderlust.com/blog page. 

Please reread my message:
    On my blog page, I have the layout selected for a right sidebar and have my sidebar built.

This sidebar will only work if I assign this page as the blog page, but I don't want to do that, as the formatting doesn't work. The blog excerpts don't work and there aren't "read more" buttons. 

So I would appreciate a solution to adding a sidebar to just this page. Thanks so much!
  • If you want to have the sidebar on blog page enabled only (girlwithwanderlust.com/blog), do what Bryan said - he told you a good solution.
    But before that, set up the sidebar on main blog page, while editing that page, select the sidebar and on which side you want to see it.
    Then, do what Bryan said.

Thanks

• Hi Pablo, I have done all of those things and it doesn't show. I'm just trying to get the sidebar to show on this single page. I have selected the layout with a right sidebar and also selected the sidebar I want, but it doesn't show.

Note, I am not formatting this page as the standard blog page using your formatting, because I can not have a photo blog that also has read more buttons. 

So as a test, I tried to select right sidebar under layout for my about page, and that doesn't work either.

• Hey,
    So, you want to have it on single post blog page or main blog page?

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • I want to have it on a regular page. When I try to make this a blog page, it doesn't have the blog features I need.

So, imagine I want to have a sidebar on my about page, a standard web page. I can't get a sidebar to show, even when I select it in the layout. 
  • I just submitted my login credentials. Thanks for your help.
  • The problem was related to the blank space provided in the Theme Options > Sidebar and to "WP Sticky Sidebar" plugin.
    After disabling that plugin and attaching the name without the blank space everything works fine.

Thanks
  • So I disabled that sidebar and selected the layout with a right sidebar, and it's still not working. What am I missing?
  • I do not understand, I can see the sidebar on the right on the main blog page (it's regular page to be honest)

Thanks
  • Oh that's odd. Now it shows up. Thank you! 
  • Correction, I need to be able to see if on this blog page:

Not on the girlwithwanderlust.com site.
  • I do not have access to that page - these login credentials you sent are not working on that page.
    The fastest way will be by recreating all of the settings provided on the 'girlwithwanderlust' website.

Thanks