How can I update to the newest version of BeTheme

Hi,
I am developer for  spacedigitalau.
I need to upgdate the BeTheme. 
when I tried to update it shows the message:
Downloading update from http://api.muffingroup.com/theme/download.php?code=192de357af3853a
Unpacking the update…
Installing the latest version…
Theme update failed.

I have checked the themeforest and found that this licence key is there also, I have downloaded the theme, but it contains sub  folders as 
  • documentation
  • Licensing
  • slider-revolution-demo
  • betheme
  • betheme-child
  • and psd
Should I FTP/upload the folder betheme only ?  or need to upload the betheme-child  also.? And please advice why updating from the wordpress admin panel not working ? 

Warm Regards,
Vinod A

Comments

• Hello,
    you never should update a child theme, its the whole point of having a child theme that you do not update it and overwrite files.
    We suggest you first disable all of your plugin and then try to update the theme again.
    thanks
  • Yes Brian, I know this thing  about child theme, but confusion occurs, because the downloaded folder contains the child theme folder..
    So once I disable  all plugins and I can update the theme ? I shall try it.
    Warm Regards,
    Vinod A
  • edited September 2019
    Disabled all plugins,  again tried to update theme , same message 
    An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.
    So I have to do the manual steps. upload downloaded BeTheme to server? But how can I update WPBakery Page Builder  which was bundled with the theme, It's not in the downloaded items ?
    Please advice.

Warm Regards,
    Vinod A
  • Hey, this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)

After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks
  • Thank you for the info.
    Warm Regards,
    Vinod A