How do I change the background colour of progress bars.

I am trying to change the background colour of my progress bar, but all that I seem to be able to change, is the colour of the bar itself. Currently you can't see either the bar background, or the percentages, due to background colour of the theme. See photos

Photo 1: Current colours: You can see that the background of the bar is nearly invisible.

Photo 2: What happens when I change the "background Colour" through the theme dashboard:

Photo 3: Everything I should be able to see with my normal back ground colour (I can use this, as my theme colour is black.)

If anyone knows how to fix this, or a work around, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hey,
    please update your theme to the newest version, we recently updated the progress bars and now you can display a different background color for each one, this is the shortcode:
    [bar title="Bar1" value="50" size="20" color=""]
    thanks
  • edited September 2019
    Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your response, but I am using the latest version and I am using that same short code. I understand that I can change the colour of each bar, but I want to change the base of the bar, as currently it is invisible on a dark theme, making them progress bars with no end. 

As shown in the above photos, on a light theme, it is very easy to see the base, but when you use a dark theme, they disappear. I have attached two new screenshots to try and highlight this.

Thanks,
    Guy
  • Hey,
    you can place them in a section, then edit that section and set the section style to "dark", this will make those numbers visible. This eefect applies to every item in the section.
    thanks
  • Oh awesome! That worked, thanks Bryan! (y)