Don't have "Builder >> SEO" option on page editor

I am trying to get the content on a page built with the Muffin Builder to show up as an excerpt in search results. Currently it only shows the page title, for example: https://graduate.mason.wm.edu/?s=full-time+mba.

From what I've read there should be a tab in the built-in Wordpress editor that is Builder >> SEO, but I don't have that option when I go to edit a page.

Comments

• Hello,
    The search page is the basic wordpress search function, we didn't change it in any way.
    Also, it's a dynamically created page so the "Builder >> SEO" will not be needed there and there is no option to attach there.

For this page, setting up the "Theme Options > SEO" options will be enough.
    Thanks
  • Sorry, I don't understand this response. I understand that the search results are basic Wordpress function, however if text on a page is placed within the Muffin Builder, it doesn't show up in the results.

How do I get some content that is placed within Muffin Builder to show up in the search results under the title/link of the page/post?
  • But, how did you insert something using the Muffin Builder in the search page?
    This page cannot be edited with Muffin Builder, WP Editor, Gutenberg or WPBakery - it's generated page from basic wordpress template which modifying is possible only by customizing the wordpress core files.

Thanks
  • I'm not talking about editing the Search page itself. The results of the search page do not show excerpts of the pages in the search results because THOSE PAGES have content in the Muffin Builder. 

If the content was in the normal Wordpress content area on the pages, the search results would show an excerpt of that content. 

In my example link (https://graduate.mason.wm.edu/?s=full-time+mba) you can see this on the "Download Brochure" page listing (there is an excerpt), however all the other pages in the list don't have an excerpt because their content is in the builder.

How can I get pages that have content within the Muffin builder to have that content shown as an excerpt in search results?
  • Okay, I understand now your problem.
    That's why, we suggest to insert the short explanation of page in "Excerpt" field - it can be found on the right menu.

Also, the "Builder >> SEO" button should be on the bottom of "Muffin Builder", if you don't see it, please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache and check, if the issue exist - but we strongly suggest to use the "Excerpt field" way, because the "Builder >> SEO" is making the content understandable for the seo - it means, that some of text will include the html text which will not be good for people who would like to read a short explanation of what is inside the page/post

Thanks