Can't update any of my pages

Hello,

As of 2 days ago, I haven't been able to make any edits to most of my website. After I make the change and click "update" it just says "Saving" and it never actually saves. This happens on most of my pages, but not all of them.

I use BeTheme and Muffin Builder. I host my website through ionos and when I contacted their support they escalated to higher level technical folks who said that there is a "503 response from the API". I haven't does anything recently in terms of adding anything new, it just stopped all of the sudden.

Any ideas?

the website is creationabomination.com

- I can't update most all of the pages (including the home page)

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I need to make updates and I can't do anything right now.

Thanks,
Alan

Comments

• I also just deactivated all of my plugins and that didn't help things (still doesn't work). I went ahead and reactivated them so at least my site is functional.
  • i have the same issue , do you find any solution ?
  • not yet. Muffin hasn't responded yet. I'm supposed to have support for 6 months after I purchased...maybe they're slow because it's the weekend :(
  • Hello,
    could you please switch your theme to a default one, like twentynintenn? Then try to save. It looks like the problem is related to the Gutenberg editor rather that the Muffin Builder.

thanks
  • Hi Bryan,

I can do that, but I want to make sure that I can just as easily switch back to BeTheme and not lose anything with my website. I'm not a super power user so I want to make sure I won't have to rebuild anything.
  • HI again,

I went ahead and switched theme. When I edited the homepage I was able to do an update under the new theme. When I switched back to the BeTheme, I couldn't do any updates.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Alan
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • I just sent you a message with this info :)
  • hi again. I resolved this. A friend of mine helped me diagnose that pages with a link to a review on Amazon.com prohibited the theme from updating. I know..,.really stupid. I simply removed the direct reference to Amazon and had it link to bit.ly instead, still going to the same page, and it now works.

For anyone else who is experiencing this, check to see if you have a weird amazon link issue.
  • Glad to hear that.
    If you have some other questions, feel free to ask.
    Thanks