Header refreshing upon clicking menu items

Hi
my header is refreshing every time I click a menu item. Brand new theme install with the pre-built employment site. I have two browser windows open, one my site, the other the muffin employment demo site. My header is refreshing, yours not. Why ? I am using php 7.3 with Wordpress 5.3. Thanks. 

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • The problem is probably related to the hosting provider - the server which your website is used can be overloaded or just his speed is really slow. (It can be noticed even in the WP Dashboard)

I suggest to contact your hosting provider and ask him about migrating your website to some closer server to you and which is not overloaded.

Also, you can try some hosting which is giving 24 hours hosting to test for free - surely, you will notice the difference.
    Thanks
  • Hi, I sent you the credentials per email.
  • As far as I know this is ( or should be ) a quite performant VPS:
    CPU:Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz (8 core(s))
    RAM: 32 GB
    Plesk Obsidian v18.0.20_build1800191101.13 os_CentOS 7
    CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)

I will contact the hosting provider. Is there a tool to benchmark the performance of the server so that I can at least put something on the table for them ?
    I also noticed that everything is quite slow lately but did not realize that it is the cause of the headers refreshing upon clicking the menus.

Thanks.

• I do not know about the tools for benchmarking servers - sorry, it's beyond my competence.
    But, clearly the problem is related to the server - if it would be a theme issue, the wordpress dashboard would not be loading soo long.

You have to discuss it with your hosting provider - maybe the server is located very far from you.
    Thanks
  • Hi, actually it is located just 70 km from me, in Cologne :)
    But thanks anyways, I will investigate this with them.
    Cheers,
    Luc