License

I have a license code for a domain for a site I am redoing. 
I am hosting with site ground which has a staging area that allows to work on a site and then push the changes to the real site.

It basically creates a sub domain on the domain. I am wanting to import a couple different templates so that I can use the layouts for different pages without having to recreate them but it sees it as a separate site and wants another license. I also installed the first license on the first staging site so not sure how that's going to work when I push it to the main domain.

Anyway around this? In the end I am going to need to take the license off the sub domain and put on the main but would like to import a few diferent templates in the staging areas so can give the client a couple different choices to choose from before pushing the changes to the main site.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,
    all of the themes on the envato market are under the same license,
    details: https://themeforest.net/licenses/standard
    You can use one license per end product, so you can use any pre-built website you desire or mix them but you cannot use the theme license on two domains.
    The only exceptions are for subdomains or subfolders. You can register unlimited subdomains with one license key, as long as the main domain is registered under the same key.
    This also applies to subfolder on localhost installations.

To make it work fine, you have to register the main domain, after that you are free to register subdomains/subfolders.
    thanks
  • edited November 2019
    Update.. I figured out how to deregister and re register it on the main so now works on the staging sub domains... thx

Opps.. i did it backwards. I did the sub domain first.. what can I do to fix?

I registered it under this

Here is the main domain

Tried putting it on another sub domain for that doain and said it could not.. thanks for helpiong out
  • Hey,
    just unregister everything and do it again. You might want to wait an hour after before you register it again.
    thanks